Jonson Tran Nguyen
Broker Associate - Realtor
130 E. Huntington Drive
Arcadia, CA 91006
What Bargaining Chips Do You Have When Selling Your Home?
Potential buyers often make offers that sometimes include certain personal property, like appliances and curtains because these items are must-haves that are expensive to purchase new.
It isn’t just buyers who use extras as bargaining chips. Sellers every now and then make counter-offers that include appliances and other contents as incentives for the bidder to agree to a higher price. This is an especially helpful strategy when demand for homes in your neighborhood is weak and prices are low.
If you are selling your home, consider what you are willing to throw in to sweeten the deal and what items are off limits.
Here are some items you may want to think about to use as leverage:
- Major appliances: washer, dryer, fridge, stove, dishwasher
- Draperies, curtains, blinds and shutters
- Custom-built furniture: bookcases or shelves that fit a particular spot in the house
- area rugs that fit a particular room
- Patio furniture: planters, garden benches and ornaments
- Garden shed
- Lawnmower, power washer, leaf vacuum or other maintenance equipment
- garden or household tools
- Recreational equipment, such as ping-pong and pool tables, above-ground pools, trampolines, climbers, swing sets and hot tubs
When deciding which items you are willing to part with, consider how easy or difficult it will be to move them, how much you will need them and how much it will cost to replace them.
Want to know more about what I do to sell homes? Contact me today at (626) 456-1911!
I specialize in the cities of Alhambra, Monterey Park, San Gabriel, Rosemead, Temple City, Arcadia, Pasadena, South Pasadena, San Marino, El Monte, Irwindale, Monrovia, Bradbury, Sierra Madre, Duarte, Altadena, La Puente, Covina, Azusa, La Verne, San Dimas, Montclair, Claremont, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, West Covina, Diamond Bar, Walnut, Chino Hills, and surrounding areas.