Jonson Tran Nguyen
Broker Associate - Realtor
168 Las Tunas Drive, #105
Arcadia, CA 91007
Five Key Elements to Consider When Shopping for Your Home
There are five key factors to consider if you want to get the most out of shopping for a home.
Home shopping can be fun, but it’s important to know what to look for. The top five points you should keep in mind when shopping for a home are:
1. Location. You could find the best house in the world at the greatest price, but if it’s in the wrong location, it could turn out to be a bad purchase. The house needs to be near what’s important to you and your lifestyle. A bad location can also affect your home’s resale value.
2. The house itself. Just because the location is right does not necessarily mean that the house is right. When home shopping, you need to consider: Does the floor plan meet your needs? Is the building large enough? Does it have the yard you want? Most importantly, does it feel like home? If it doesn’t, then you should probably continue looking.
3. Affordability. Know what you can afford before you start home shopping. The easiest way to do this is by getting pre-qualified for a mortgage. By providing a lender with some basic financial information, you can find out how much of a loan you’re likely to be approved for. Home shopping is a lot easier and less stressful when you’re aware of your financial boundaries.
4. Future potential. You may find the perfect house for your current situation, but if you are planning any big changes in the near future, the house you choose needs to be able to accommodate them. You don’t want to invest time, effort and money in a house and then require a larger one nine months later. It’s important to keep your future plans in mind when shopping for a home.
5. Resale. Most likely, you will not live in the house you buy forever. Most people do not live in their house even for the full term of their mortgage. When home shopping, you need to keep in mind that at some point you will probably want to put your home on the market so don’t compromise. If you decide a house has some aspect that you can overlook, you need to be aware that someone else may not feel the same way. When home shopping, choose a house that is not only appealing to you, but is also likely going to appeal to others.
If you have any questions or need more information regarding real estate please feel free to contact me. I will be able to help you with all your real estate needs.
I specialize in the cities of Alhambra, Monterey Park, San Gabriel, Rosemead, Temple City, Arcadia, Pasadena, South Pasadena, San Marino, El Monte, Irwindale, Monrovia, Bradbury, Sierra Madre, Duarte, Altadena, La Puente, Covina, Azusa, La Verne, San Dimas, Montclair, Claremont, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, West Covina, Diamond Bar, Walnut, Chino Hills, and surrounding areas.